Dr. Fred Costello was born and raised in Orlando, FL. After college and serving as a Captain in the U.S. Air Force, Fred moved to Ormond Beach in 1977 where he still practices Comprehensive and Cosmetic Dentistry. Fred and his wife Linda have been married for 42 years and have three children and six grandchildren.
Fred considers it an honor to have served as Mayor of Ormond Beach from 2002-2010, and has continued to serve as a Representative in the Florida State legislature.
Fred believes that Florida is in great shape but Washington is broken. He has decided now is the time to “Stand Up for America,” and has become a candidate for U.S. Congress, District 6. Fred will fight for America’s Judeo-Christian values, enhanced national security based on peace through strength, and limited federal government through restoration of states’ rights resulting in a balanced federal budget.
A Lifetime of Experience
- Florida State Representative
- Past Mayor or Ormond Beach
- Past City Commissioner of Ormond Beach
- Veteran, past Captain in the U.S. Air Force
- Past President Florida Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Past President Volusia-Flagler Dental Association
- Small Business Owner for 35 Years
- Drs. Costello * Drake
- National Rifle Association: “A” Rating
- Florida Right to Life PAC: “A” Rating
- Florida Chamber of Commerce: “A” Rating
- Americans for Prosperity: “A” Rating
- American Conservative Union: “A” Rating
- “Conservative All-Star” – American Conservative Union
- “Defender of Liberty” – American Conservative Union
- Florida Family Action: A+ Rating – “Champion of the Family”
- Endorsed by FL ProLife PAC
Honored to Serve
- Volusia Council of Governments
- Volusia Transportation Planning Organization
- Volusia-Flagler Dental Association
- Florida Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Tiger Bay Club of Volusia County
- Ormond Beach Planning Board
- Ortona Kiwanis Club
Florida League of Cities:
- Legislative Appreciation Award 2015
- “Defender of Home Rule” 2012
Halifax Urban Ministries:
- Humanitarian Service Award 2013
Volusia League of Cities:
- “Elected Official of the Year” 2007
- “President’s Award” 2012 (shared with Congressman Mica)
Volusia County Association for Responsible Development
- “Citizen of the Year” 2006
See Fred’s work.
Fred’s letter to Governor Rick Scott on Florida’s education budget.
Florida Tax Watch’s commendation of Fred’s efforts to keep property taxes low.
Americans for Prosperity’s Scorecard listing Fred’s “A” score (page 3).
Meet Fred, his work, and his loved ones.
Click images to view full screen.